August 10, 2010

what is real

Lazy mornings spent with Mother and Sister and Martha nine months too late, she is celebrating last year's christmas during this tropical summer. Freshly squeezed orange juice tastes like love in my mouth. Martha busies herself with baked stuffed clams and salted cods and ritz crackers dipped in a chocolate mint coat and scented candles in glass jars and felt christmas tree wine bottle cosies, her effervescent smile and flip of blonde hair keeps me safe for an hour as I nibble on 菠蘿包 and think of home and how I will be there in a matter of months

The only thing that keeps me alive these few days are dreams of past travels
-
It is back to school tomorrow. I can't decide if I am happy or not.
Well of course I am happy. Every day I am happy to be alive. And i can choose how I want to live. The past week has been like a hazy dream, stuck in my small world although I am beginning to get used to the routine. But it is okay, I will be okay, I just need to remember that the moment is now and it is up to me to make the present a past worth remembering and a future worth living up to. I just need to stop thinking and start breathing, and I will be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment