July 24, 2010

a good day

Spent being kind to myself and the people whom I care about most. In the morning I felt sick and tired, did a bit of rope jumping to mitigate the previous night's mistakes. Went out with Mother to the city for a SAT consultation and ended up having a lovely lunch in spinelli: cobb salad, ham & cheese panini, cafe latte with an almond biscotti. We talked through things and thought about the future. On the bus home we sat freezing with her pashmina scarf wrapped round us like inseparable twins.

At home, Sister was crying and we all had a great heart-to-heart talk on the sad irony of life. I did a lot of math, cleared out a whole stack of notes (what a relief) and blended up a raw black sesame banana ice cream, now sitting in the freezer. I was looking at the clutter and felt real physical nausea - of forgotten responsibilities and leftover projects. But the afternoon yoga session left me calm for the rest of the night. Dinner went well, anxiety-free. I took a walk with Mother again around the neighbourhood and we talked and talked about meaningful things and I was grateful for so much.

Tomorrow is the big day. I will sleep now. The future holds so many possibilities and although things are overwhelming I am happy where I am now, breathing, slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment